Sunday, January 22, 2006

Aaro in the Jewish Chronicle

From the blog, Aaro has a go at the exclusionist tendency in the Jewish community (for completists, one might note that Aaro has good reason to be interested in this argument as his father, Sam Aaronovitch, was Jewish but his mother wasn't, according to someone I know who went to school with him. I think that means that a lot of people would say that he isn't Jewish but I am nobody's idea of an expert). I am sure there are all sorts of arguments on both sides of this issue but I must say Aaro's point of view seems reasonable to me. I am not a regular reader of the Jewish Chronicle, and my own equivalent newspaper, the Anglo Saxon Chronicle stopped publishing quite a while ago.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wikipedia agrees about his parents, so I suppose that counts as common knowledge.

1/22/2006 09:36:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wikipedia is also claiming that David Icke has started asserting that Aaronovitch is one of the shape-shifting reptilian aliens he thinks runs the world. Look up 'David Icke' on Wiki and Aaronovitch's name is on there, along with Dick Cheney and Jim Davidson. Hilarious.

1/24/2006 05:39:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks very much, anonymous. I am holding off posting on this until I can get the free time to mock up a picture of Aaro with green lizard skin.

1/24/2006 12:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home