Sunday, May 09, 2010

Noted

Dave on Thursday:

This has been the most peculiar election. To emphasise its strangeness I received a personal letter yesterday from someone I hadn’t seen for a decade, who I am not sure particularly ever liked me (it does happen) and who is now a baroness, asking me to vote for the candidate of her party, as a “personal favour” to her.
...
So, I see the need for a change, but I don’t want a Tory majority. Maybe I should vote Lib Dem, as my new friend, the baroness, asks me?


We know Dave likes to be coy with details, like revealing people's names, even if they're writing to all and sundry.

Craig Murray today:

I received - along with other party members - a rather stalinist email from someone called Baroness Scott, President of the Liberal Democrats. Somebody should explain to her the meaning of each of the words in the party title, because her email said this:

We have all worked hard and for that I thank you - my travels around the country showed me just how much everyone has put in. We have achieved this not only due to that effort, but also by sticking to our fairness message. In order for us to maximise our chances of delivering our fairness agenda we now have to keep this discipline up, avoiding speculation as to what happens next.
Baroness Ros Scott
President of the Liberal Democrats.


By "speculation" she evidently means open and democratic discussion of what the party should no next. We can't have that, can we Ros? All those people whose hard work you applaud are just meant to put the highheidyins in power. They are not supposed to have opinions on what is done with that power, or if they do they should keep them quiet.


On Twitter he calls it "a rather stalinist email." Ugh. The same baroness?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5/09/2010 05:27:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

"On Twitter he calls it "a rather stalinist email."

Not quite, Murray's Twitter page is simply a feed of his website & it copied in that initial part of his post.

5/09/2010 05:39:00 PM  
Blogger Chardonnay Chap said...

D Notice: oops, quite right.

I've deleted the first comment because it contained an unsubstantiated allegation and was submitted by, surprise, our old friend, "Anonymous." If you're going to make reference to things only a few people could possibly know, at least have the cojones to give your name. Otherwise, piss off.

5/09/2010 06:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home