Saturday, February 13, 2010

Not that Martin Bright

Many of you noticed the comment on David Aaronovitch's column on Tuesday by 'Martin Bright' (the one that used 'Nazi' three times in eight sentence.)

Martin Bright has pointed out on his Spectator blog that he didn't write that comment, nor other aggressive comments which have appeared under the name 'Martin Bright'. I've read a quite a few of the former New Statesman editor's pieces, and neither the Nazi fixation nor the closing sentences are quite his style. I think Bright can tell a full stop from a comma.

Galloway is a sub politician who has not made the grade
outside his little comfort zone. And we all know the type of people who live in Tower Hamlets.
Reputedly the most corrupt constituency in the UK.


I'm writing this as a post out of a sense of fairness. Mr Bright has not contacted me, and I have done this entirely voluntarily. I stand by calling his Spectator blog post on Amnesty over-caffeinated, but that comment suggested that he'd lost his marbles entirely. I'm happy to learn that he hasn't.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Martin Bright said...

I very much appreciate your clarification: "over-caffeinated" is fair comment, although I disagree.

You can have my assurance that the comments to which you refer on David's piece are not from me.

Martin Bright
Political Editor
The Jewish Chronicle

2/13/2010 05:53:00 PM  
Blogger ejh said...

Very much a flyer, this, but the comments remind me a little of a HPer called Tim who used to troll other websites with short sentences and a Galloway fixation. He may still do for all I know.

2/13/2010 09:52:00 PM  
Blogger Sangiovese Fellow said...

If we get to find out who this person is, shouldn't we follow Decent-labeling precedent and call him Martin (Not The Journalist) Bright?

2/14/2010 01:37:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home