Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The sewer, not the sewage

Aaro sez:

"That we have not had a similar scandal in Britain, despite our less rigorous attitude towards checking facts, must be considered a minor miracle. Perhaps we are just too small a country for big public lies to get lost in. All we have are a few faked photos and (I am told) at least one newspaper that occasionally instructs its writers to “fudge” an inconvenient fact or absence of facts. "

Aaro sed:

""If nothing is eventually found, I - as a supporter of the war - will never believe another thing that I am told by our government, or that of the US ever again. And, more to the point, neither will anyone else. Those weapons had better be there somewhere. They probably are. "

Aaro's column is often full of fibs, fudges and outright lies - just not ones made up by Aaro.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since my earliest years, if someone to whom I owe an answer has asked me a direct question, I have been too terrified of the consequences to lie.

My emphasis. I believe the phrase is "money quote." Shorter Dave: "would I lie to you (baby)?"

7/30/2008 05:29:00 AM  
Blogger Matthew said...

Mmm, when Aaro talks about fact-checking I think of Neil Berry.

8/01/2008 10:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home