Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Dave shoots rabbit

Dunno about my esteemed colleagues, but there’s not a hell of a lot to say about the latest effusion. Dave sees rabbit in rabbit hole. Dave grabs rabbit and brandishes it at astonished audience. Look, a rabbit!

The rabbit in question is one Gilad Atzmon, full time jazz musician and all year round dingbat, reporting to the department of semitic plotting. I don’t know why the SWP invited him along to their Marxfest, but if they insist on putting nutters on stage and having them caper and whoop, then Dave has the right and duty to take a crack at them, and through them to the SWP and the Vast Left Wing Indecency.

Lame start though, to wit:

WHEN I WAS YOUNG, smug centrists used to tell me that the extremes of Right and Left would, extended far enough, meet somewhere round the back. And I never quite believed it. But here’s a story that seems to suggest that it really can happen.


Now if I was running a business dedicated to the lubrication and general servicing of smug centrism – which is what I believe this particular contribution to the columnar art and mystery amounts to – I wouldn’t give the game away in my first sentence. I also wouldn’t hitch it to a thought which was passé when Saint George of Orwell was coughing his noble last. The sense of discovery irks too. D’you think the fact that Dave was a member of the old Communist Party of Great Britain had anything to do with his youthful incredulity about extremes meeting in the middle?

- The Rioja Kid

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's another - more critical -response to Fat Dave's latest rant by Justin Raimondo of AntiWar.com at www.antiwar.com/justin/?articleid=6472

6/29/2005 11:44:00 AM  
Blogger The Rioja Kid said...

cheers. I'm on that one.

6/29/2005 12:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home